+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Article II (gun world/range) in Lombard is open

I have no affiliation with this company I just thought I would share my experience with them.

Went to Article II on Monday to check out the new place, I had been keeping up with a thread on Illinois carry about their move and range build. The shop/merchandise area is nothing special, most guns do not have prices on them and there seemed to be lots of "older" guns there. We left after a quick visit...

Went back today to actually shoot. There range on the other hand is really nice. There are 24 lanes total with a max of 25 yards. Everything is electric, new, clean, well ventilated and lit. Range fee is $21, no time limit and no caliber restrictions or gay cook county laws. FFL fee's are $40 and they offer Utah's CCW course on the regular and other pistol training courses as well.

The best part for me is that everyone there was actually friendly and was eager to help and talk to you, you know treat you like a real customer.

I suggest for people to check them out, as for Midwest guns in Lyons there is finally a close alternative. Oh and every rude employee at Midwest can go fuck themselves!

sweet. I have been waiting for them to open up.
    You're still a DILDO. Good luck on your flying saucer.~ Unitek

slowest bike in chitown nick122590's Avatar Donating Member

Where in lombard? ill check it out in a few weeks.

250 Cortland ave.

Its a little tucked away off North ave, pretty close to Strats actually. Forgot to mention that its open till 10pm M-F

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSI View Post
    250 Cortland ave.

Its a little tucked away off North ave, pretty close to Strats actually. Forgot to mention that its open till 10pm M-F
    No shit. beats goin to maxon or driving all the way to gats. any idea what the price is like to rent?

yea jus go north on lombard ave and take a right on cortland and its right there....they still need some work but for a new gun shop/range they seem to have the right idea.

i did my Utah course there last year. before it was open to the public. at the time only 1 of the ranges was shootable. it didnt have booths yet but it was ready for rounds. once they are open enough and start making money again they will have a better assortment of guns. they have been building that range for 3 years +
    Omnis Cedo Domus
    Demi Gods ~ Ordinary Men, God Like Qualities

21 to shoot? yikes..... you guys must be desperate for a spot cause i don't pay anything to shoot. if i do its 9bucks at my range.

"Crank on my little Hank, sit on the hood and drank,
    I'm about to get my pissed off on!"

i have closer ranges that i shoot at for a lil cheaper. thats a lil haul for me to go from the city. i just wish i had a nice private spot outdoors in the sticks to shoot what ever the fuck i want.
    Omnis Cedo Domus

Quote Originally Posted by JaymZH2 View Post
    i have closer ranges that i shoot at for a lil cheaper. thats a lil haul for me to go from the city. i just wish i had a nice private spot outdoors in the sticks to shoot what ever the fuck i want.
    Theres a gun club on county line road just south of grand. not sure if its bensenville or elmhurst. 100 bucks the first year and i think 90 every year after that. i think its just skeet shooting but still. if i dont move im joining

Quote Originally Posted by nick122590 View Post
    Theres a gun club on county line road just south of grand. not sure if its bensenville or elmhurst. 100 bucks the first year and i think 90 every year after that. i think its just skeet shooting but still. if i dont move im joining
    for sure! let me know if you do
    Omnis Cedo Domus

$21 seems to shoot seems high to me, then again Megasports is $25 (unless you buy $10 or more in ammo from them, then it is $17). I go to Rinks, they are close to the house, $9 to shoot all day, and I like the staff. Some might say it is not a super nice looking place, but I really don't care, I don't need a fancy range to throw lead downrange.

I don't know much about the other places but the one difference I see is the range of weapons you can fire at article II. Are there any other nearby indoor ranges that you can shoot an AR15 at?
    -Dan

Rinks and Megasports are pistol rounds only. Actually, will Article II allow black powder? Most indoor ranges will not, but I'd make the drive and gladly pay the $21 if I could shoot my black powder stuff there.

Looks like black powder is ok. This is from their website

Will you have handgun and rifle ranges?

Yes. There will be 4 ranges with 8 positions in each range, all 25 yards. All ranges will be capable of handling handguns, rifles, shotguns and black powder firearms.

The range fee will be (tentatively) $20 flat fee, not hourly. Range discounts will apply to select store purchases.

The ranges will handle any caliber firearm.

Note: The Village of Lombard 5% Amusement Tax is applied to range fees and membership rates.
    -Dan